Here is the recipe of grain-free, yeast-free, dairy-free sandwich bread that we make. It’s moist on the inside with a slight crust on the outside, has an amazing texture and taste when toasted, and can also be used straight from the fridge. Obviously, baking grain-free is much pricier than regular baking, but if you have cashews, you can save money by making your own cashew butter rather than buying.
- About 1 lb smooth raw cashew butter at room temperature
- About 8-10 eggs. If the eggs are small – 10; if large – 8. Organic eggs are typically small so we use 10.
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line the bottom of an 8.5×4.5 stainless loaf pan with parchment paper
3. Beat all of the ingredients (except for baking powder and coconut flour) for a while (several minutes) until everything is smooth.
4. Add coconut flour and baking powder, and beat for several more minutes.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, then immediately put it into the oven.
6. Bake for about 1 hr 15 min.
7. Let it sit for several hours until it cools. Store the bread in the fridge in a large container.